We only select partners with high standards for animal welfare. We’re committed to treating animals well and feeding them a diet that doesn’t include any animal by-products, antibiotics, or hormones.
If you’d like to learn more, you can find additional information in our published animal welfare policy based on ‘the five freedoms’, which support animal care standards:
- Freedom from hunger, malnutrition and thirst
- Freedom from fear and distress
- Freedom from physical and thermal discomfort
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease
- Freedom to express normal patterns of behavior
All of our suppliers are audited by 3rd parties or our own, highly-trained animal welfare staff to ensure they meet Blue Apron’s standards.